Monday, January 21, 2008

Blessed worship experience


Worship is a special time with the Lord and last Sunday I experienced a simple but touching worshipping session with the Lord. I went back to my hometown but not to my hometown church, instead I went to a Cantonese speaking church, my second time there. Not many familiar faces that I captured, majority of the worshippers are elderly people. The praise and worship session has no fancy musical instruments beside the piano, the worship leader is no handsome guy but a brother in his 50s I guessed, together with a sister in her late 40s. As we sang songs of worship, I observed elderly people before me clapping with joy, out of the beat but in their face I could see the joy of coming before the Lord. The congregation sang slowly but mightily for the Lord, I saw some youths in wheel chair, elders who squeezed their eyes for a clearer view of the songs flashed on the white wall, I saw the simple wooden cross with the blue lighting at the back, I saw old church pews with old hymnals and I saw simple worshippers worshipping the Lord with all sincerity and purity. I was truly blessed and praised God for this simple experience away from my normal routine experience with the Lord back in the city. God touched and spoke to me that morning. He desired each of us to come before him just as we are and with a heart just seeking and thirsting for His presence.

No comments: