Sunday, January 13, 2008

Father and daughter

As a parent, I'm becoming to realize how close I am to my daughters and how my Father in heaven has to repeatedly remind, discipline, reprimand me because He desires me to imitate Christ. As my daughters are growing up, my husband and I find ourselves having repeatedly to teach the same old topics, reinforce the same old behavior, correcting the same old mistakes just because we wanted our daugthers to imitate goodness which give birth to well mannered, behaviorly accepted and children of good character.

The spirit within me convicted me on how in many occassions, I am very much like my daughters, willingly disobey my Heavenly Father, trust in my own ability to do things, being self-centered and simply misbehave. It's funny how God uses circumstances in our lifes to reveal His teaching and message to His children. I realized, often it is me who turn off the switch connecting to Him and failed to tune to God's frequency. As a result miss God's abundance blessings on me and His desire to mold me into Christlikeness. He is preparing me to meet God eternally.

I prayed as the spirit leads and convicts, I will truly learn to be quiet and obedient to God.

No comments: